I was recently told by a friend on mine about a new Android application IPTV Extreme which he was recommending to his customers for watching IPTV channels. Having installed IPTV Extreme on many Android boxes he said he found it a lot more stable than watching IPTV via KODI, there was very little by way of buffering and setting up your Electronic Program Guide (EPG) was also a lot easier.
IPTV Extreme is available in both Android and iOS formats although from what I have found the iOS version is not via the Apple store. Let’s take a look at what it does:
- Integrated Player (Advanced & Light)
- Chromecast Support (Beta)
- Parental Control
- Remote Controller support
- Backup / Restore Settings
- M3U playlists support
- Multi EPG support (TV Guide)
- Auto EPG update
- EPG alias management
- All the EPG providers are included
- Picons support in different size
- Download On Demand Programs!
- Ability to record Live Streaming with time limit!
- More than 10 Themes available!
- Time Recording
- Timers Management
- Autostart On Boot Function
- Set Memo function for Events on TV Guide
- Search for Similar Events on TV Guide
- Sliding EPG time
Yes there is a Pro version also which doesn’t have adverts in it. Pricing is around $1.55 depending on your currency and location.
If you are after the iOS version, I have found it on this site, but am yet to test it myself.
There are lots of IPTV players on the market and many of them are free but what seems to be really good in this one is the EPG management. I haven’t used this feature myself but my contact who has says that it is one of the best he has used. It is much better than what he was able to achieve via KODI.
Let us know what you think, we are always keen on feedback for players.