VLC Media Player has to be the most popular media player in the market today. It is by far the most popular media player used by customers requesting a free IPTVFlicks trial. This guide provides an explanation on how to watch IPTV on VLC using an
VLC Media Player is a free tool and whilst I don’t consider it the best out there, it certainly is popular and best of all free of charge. So if you are looking for a free media player to check out what IPTVFlicks has to offer, jump to the VLC website and download the application for your computer (PC or Mac). VLC also offer tablet apps.
Installation is really easy and the file size is not very large at 33MB.
Once you have completed the install, setting up an M3U list or an auto update M3U list like that offered through IPTVFlicks for watching Greek, Italian, Turkish, German, French and Spanish channels is really easy.
How to Watch IPTV on VLC
Now we want to add the link that IPTVFlicks provide you with when you request your free trial. Remember this link expires within 3 hours of when you start using it.
From the left menu, click on Media and then Open Network Stream.
Enter the link we send you in the field below the words Please enter Network URL. Then click on Play.
By default the page will begin to stream the first channel in the list which is usually OTE Cinema.
In order to see the full list, click on the 7th button in the lower panel, this will display the channel list as well as the stream for you.
Using this panel you can navigate through the list of channels and change them as you like.
You will now be taken to a list of all of the channels offered via the IPTVFlicks free trial. You can see from the list below that we have a big range of international language channels (over 2000 of them), Select the channel you wish to view and click on it to Play it.
That is all you need to do. Your Playlist is set and you enjoy a great range of Greek, Italian, Turkish, German, French and Spanish channels.
This is how to watch IPTV on VLC.
Updating your Playlist
Each time you want to watch with VLC you will need to open a new VLC which is empty (no saved list) and then load the subscription line in.
Optimising your VLC Setup for IPTV
Here are a few tips on how to optimise your VLC setup for IPTV Streaming
- Open VLC player and select tools then click on preference
- At the bottom of the screen click on ALL radio button this will open all options to edit.
- Using the left panel that opens, find Stream Output and Increase the Stream output muxer caching(ms) to 5000 from the default 1500ms this mean we want to keep cache of 5 seconds in advance. You can play with this until it meets your needs.
Here is a temporary fix for when watching
- At the time of playing a network URL or streaming format .TS or .m3u file, you can select the cache size.
- Open VLC player and click on Media and then select Open network Stream(ctrl+n) to play a live url
- Type the url which you want to play and then click on Show more options check box.
- Now increase the cache size according to your network speed.
Common problem with VLC is this error – VLC is unable to open the MRL
This means that your firewall or your internet security options are now allowing VLC to access this link. This issue is not the channels being available but your security options. This link provides some assistance with resolving this problem.